NOTE: Out of an abundance of caution, due to the COVID-19 outbreak in Florida, the Gainesville Oldtime Dance Society has very reluctantly decided to CANCEL its next three dance events. Check back for updates. We hope to see you soon!
he Kumquats are back for another engagement with Alice Raibourn calling for us her distinctive and challenging contra dances. So get ready to kick up your heels Saturday March 21, 2020 from 6:45-10 pm.
The Kumquats are:
* Bill Dudley on guitar;
* Rich Crew on fiddle and recorder; and
* Sarah Mitchell on penny whistle, flute, drum, foot percussion and hammered dulcimer.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Date: Saturday, March 21st, 2020 Location: Thelma Boltin Center, 516 NE 2nd Ave, Gainesville, FL Schedule:
• 05:15 pm — Doors open
• 05:30 pm – 06:15 pm — Open waltz (waltz lesson for beginners) – no partner necessary
• 06:15 pm – 06:45 pm — Band sound check
• 06:45 pm – 07:00 pm — Contra workshop for beginners (New contra dancers, & those wishing to review their dance moves or help others to do so, please attend this pre-dance contra lesson.)
• 07:00 pm – 10:00 pm — Contra Dance
$10 (ages 26+)
$5 (ages 16-25)
Dancers ages 15 & under get in FREE when accompanied by an adult.
• No partner or experience is necessary. Contra dances are taught, walked through, & called.
• No special dress is required. Wear comfortable, casual attire & soft-soled shoes.
• Snacks at the break are provided by dancers. If you snack, bring one to share & a water bottle to help our planet.
• Parking is in the lot across the street & in marked spaces on adjacent streets.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hosted by the Gainesville Oldtime Dance Society