The Kumquats are back for another engagement! And Vicki Morrison calls for us in her continued work for World Peace through contra dance. So get ready to kick up your heels Sunday April 7, 2019 from 3:45-7 pm.
The Kumquats are:
* Bill Dudley on guitar;
* Rich Crew on fiddle and recorder; and
* Sarah Mitchell on penny whistle, flute, drum, foot percussion and hammered dulcimer.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Date: Sunday, April 7, 2019
Thelma A. Boltin Center
516 NE 2nd Ave, Gainesville, FL 32601
- 02:15 pm — Boltin Center doors open
- 02:30 – 03:15 pm — Waltz lesson, or open waltz
- (no partner necessary)
- [03:15 – 03:45 pm — Band sound check]
- 03:45 – 04:00 pm — Contra workshop for beginners (New contra dancers, & those wishing to review their dance moves, or help others to do so, please attend this pre-dance contra lesson.)
- 04:00 – 07:00 pm — Contra Dance
- 07:00 – 07:30 pm — Cleanup
- 07:30 pm — Boltin Center closes
$10 (ages 26+)
$5 (ages 16-25)
Dancers ages 15 & under get in FREE
when accompanied by an adult.
No partner or experience is necessary.
Contra dances are taught, walked through, & called.
No special dress is required.
Wear comfortable, casual attire & soft-soled shoes.
Snacks at the break are provided by dancers.
If you snack, please bring one to share & a water bottle to help our planet.
Parking is in the lot across the street
& in marked spaces on adjacent streets.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hosted by the Gainesville Oldtime Dance Society